This is a 16 days mountain-backpacking trip of moderate to strenuous difficulty with an opportunity of climbing peaks Energia (5100m, 16730 ft) and Chimtarga (5487m, 18000ft).
Mountain lakes of amazing colors from emerald green to navy blue and turquoise.
Warm nights with bright southern stars.
Peculiar juniper groves, local pilaf and home-made flatbread.
New friends and an opportunity to challenge yourself.
Fann Mountains (Fanns) are located in the south-west of Pamir-Alai mountain system, mostly territory of Tajikistan. The highest point is Chimtarga (5487 m, 18000 ft). Numerous picturesque mountain lakes are a striking feature of this region. The weather during high-season (July-September) is predominantly dry and warm. Daytime temperatures vary between +20-30 ºС (70-85 F), nighttime – approximately +10 ºС (50 F), at altitudes over 4000 m (13000 ft) nighttime temperatures may fall below zero (32 F).
The group will be led by an experienced mountain guide Sergey Turgenev (from Russia). Sergey has been to Fanns many times and perfectly knows the route and its details. Trip organizer and second guide – Serafima Kuropatkina (USA), founder of the Ways of Inspiration project.
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU IF:
You love mountaineering and backpacking and would like to discover new ranges. Or you always wanted to try mountaineering, but didn’t find the right company
You would like to visit a place that most people don’t even know exists. And when they see your photos, they are probably not going to believe it’s real
You would like to experience Central Asia in a non-tourist version, meet the ordinary people and see their way of life, try delicious local food
You would like to make new friends and connections
You are not afraid of physical challenges, heights, uneven terrain (scree), and are ready to spend two weeks without everyday comforts (sleeping in tents or under the stars, cooking on portable gas stove, and bathing in lakes).
- Help in trip preparation and information support,
- Transfer to IMTC (International Mountaineering and Tourism Center)
- Accommodation at IMTC in tents,
- Forest access fee,
- Food and Cooking Gas (excluding meals in chaikhana or cafe)
- Mules to Kulikalon and Mutniye lakes,
- Group Medical Kit,
- Group gear (ropes, stoves, cauldrons, etc...)
- Experienced Mountain Guides throughout the trip.
- International flights,
- Health Insurance (available as an add-on > See Upgrades),
- Additional food (in chaikhana or cafe, pilaf, flatbread, lamb shashlik, beer,...),
- Visa fee (if applicable),
- Phone bills,
- Medical bills.
- Backpack, 70 - 100 liters, and a rain cover for it (Over 90 liters for men. Has to be comfortable for you)
- Crampons (Can be soft, to use with trekking boots)
- Sleeping bag (Comfort zone 0 C (30 F))
- Sleeping mat
- Sitting mat
- Trekking poles
- Head light and batteries for it
- Sun glasses Protection 3-4
Gear for those planning to climb Chimtarga Peak:
- Tether (Special or daisy chain x2)
- Carabiners (Locking, x3)
- Jumar (x1)
- Rappel device (Figure of 8 or Verso)
- Ice Axe With leash, for walking
- Underwear and socks (On average, 1 set for 2-3 days. Special trekking socks are preferable)
- Warm thick thermo-socks (1 or 2)
- Warm hat or balaclava (With windstopper)
- Snow mittens (Warm, 1 pair)
- Waterproof gloves (Warm, 1 pair)
- Thin gloves (Fleece, go under mittens, 1 pair)
- Gaiters (Waterproof, 1 pair)
- Sun hat, cap or bandanna
- Sleeping clothes E.g. a set of warm thermal underwear (from fleece)
- Warm pants (Windstopper or fleece)
- Thin thermal underwear (Goes under pants and jacket)
- Water and wind proof pants (GORE-TEX or similar membrane )
- Water and wind proof jacket with hood (Goes on top of all layers)
- Dawn jacket with hood (Should be at least hip long (to cover your bottom))
- Fleece (For walking)
- Trekking pants (Light, safari type)
- T-shirts (On average 1 per 3-4 days) -
- Long-sleeve shirt (E.g. old cotton shirt 1-2)
- Shorts or knee-high pants
- Your "civil" travelling clothes
Trekking or mountaineering boots (for crampons). (Tall sturdy boots with rigid sole, waterproof (GORE-TEX), should be big enough to fit well on a thick sock. Usually 1 size bigger than usual)
Step-in shoes (Without big toe separation in order to go on top of a sock. As light as possible)
Light sneakers (If you have weight and place for them)
Sun screen UV 30 and over, depending on your skin type. 1 bottle for 2-3 persons
Hygiene (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaver, shampoo etc.)
Repair kit: Adhesive tape, ropes, rubber bands, needle and thread -
Mug, deep plate, spoon, knife
Watch with alarm clock - 1 alarm per tent
Batteries for the headlight, camera etc.
Lighter or matches
Garbage bags, plastic
Thermos 0,7 liters (One for two people)
Entertainment (player, notebook, playing cards etc.)
Tent (If you are bringing your own tent)
Introduction to Mountaineering
Fann Mountains, Tajikistan
Select number of guests
Select your travel dates
With each and every booking, travProtect™ stands behind you 100% and provides premium safety and security features:
World-class security & communications features mean you never have to accept a booking unless you're 100% comfortable.
Our fast, flexible payment system puts money in your bank account 24 hours after guests check in.